The Air Cadet League
National Effective Speaking 2018/2019
- To provide an opportunity for Air Cadets to increase their self-confidence; and increase their ability to reason, organize and express ideas;
- To promote the citizenship component of local squadron training;
- To provide a focus at the Local, Provincial, and National levels, to promote and encourage Air Cadets to participate in an optional activity that will provide them with an opportunity to acquire effective speaking skills through instruction and practice in a structured and competitive environment;
- To increase public awareness regarding the citizenship and leadership aspects of the Air Cadet program at the national, provincial and local levels.
The ES program strives to achieve these goals by providing a formal contest setting in which cadets can compete against other speakers and have their competence assessed at progressively higher stages of competition, commencing at Squadron level and advancing upwards through Wing, Provincial and National levels.
The 778 banshee Squadron Effective Speaking Competition date and location to be Announced.
The competition will be held in four levels: the Squadron level, Regional level, Provincial level and the National level.
The first and second place winner of the Squadron Effective Speaking Competition will proceed to the Regional Competition in April 2019. From there, the top three cadets will move on to participate in the Provincial Effective Speaking Competition. The Provincial winner will participate in the National Effective Speaking Competition in June 2019.
The prepared speech topics for the 2018 Competition are:
1. What is a Canadian?
2. 3D Printer Technology – how will it impact our future?
3. Should the voting age be lowered to 16?
4. How is today’s technology causing gaps in communications?
5. How will legalizing cannabis affect our society?
6. Why should cadets be involved in fundraising for the program?
7. The positive and negative effects of advances in technology.
8. What happened to the Avro Arrow and is it time for a new one?
9. Peer pressure amongst today’s youth – fact or fiction?
10. What is the importance of gender equality in today’s youth?
11. How could the cadet program fill the gap in the aviation industry?
12. Cadet’s Choice of Topic on either of the Categories:
a) Cadet Life
c) Science and Technology
d) Canadian History or Citizenship
SIGN UP FOR YOUR TOPIC HERE: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090E45A5A72AA31-effective1
Weekly Meeting every Friday Night Starting:
16 November 2018
Location: O.M. MacKillop PS – 206 Lucas St. Richmond Hill, ON L4C 4P7
Contact: CI Mercado (email@example.com)
The Squadron Sponsoring Committee and Staff would like to wish all cadets who are participating in this competition the best of luck, and should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact CI Mercado on Thursday Parade nights or contact her (firstname.lastname@example.org)